Pages

Sunday 1 June 2014

Is a Second Life possible for a teacher of English?

ELLA IN WONDERLAND SL EXPERIENCE

The wonderland of SL for teachers of English: Some comments on it. (Spanish language)

Today  I have explored a new teaching experience: Second Life World, and as a learner!

I definitely loved it, even got addicted to it, I guess.

Thus, is there A second life for us, teachers of English?

Then, can I replace my classroom by a second classroom, a virtual one? 

I personally tend to think this new SL "game" has many blurry limits, and these are some of many questions flooding my mind:

How can we teachers re-define our classrooms? 

 

How can we teachers re-adapt ourselves to this new environment? 

 

How can we teachers adopt SL as a learning - teaching space?
 

Should we, teachers, just obvserve our teaching world to see what happens?
 

Should we, teachers,  get involved in these new ephemeral circumstances?
 

Have they arrived in our classes to stay for long?

 

Are they ephemeral?


If you wish, your thoughts, hopes and fears are all welcomed to debate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment